Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Very Difficult Subject

This is probably the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in my life. Dad means the world to me and I love him more than words are able to express. I can't even type without becoming emotional of the very thought of what this blog is for. I am creating this blog in order to have a place where you can not only share thoughts but also to help coordinate efforts from our whole family in order to prepare and honor our father in best way we can come when that time comes. We can track our efforts with a site I have subscribed to called Donationstracker.com so that everyone can see the progress we have made and are all on the same page. I do not have a lot of time to monitor this but it is important so I will do my best.

I am hoping we have much more time to spend with Dad so that we all can laugh and smile with him before that day comes. I am with him everyday and if there are any requests or letters, messages or photos you'd like me to bring then I will do my best to bring those to him. Please feel free to email me anytime at melaniealvarez@gmail.com.

I know that Dad is not happy and definitely not in the best shape. And for this reason I just hope that as each day passes, I pray to god that he knows and understands just how much we all love him. Just how much his life has meant to each and every one of us. In the end, we cannot ask for anything more than love from our family and friends to surround us. That is what we all want upon leaving this world behind. He thinks a lot of his family and mentions all of you often. I know that Nana, Pops, Bobbie and his dog Boss are all waiting for him with open arms when he is ready. He speaks of them often and usually sheds tears when their names are mentioned.

In brief research on plans for Dad I have realized the expenses for what is to come is almost $15,000. We will need to ship to Utah and there is currently a lot next to Bobbie in line with Nana & Pops. Larkin has run some costs with me and we can go over the minor details when it comes to specifics like colors, designs etc. If you have input please let me know. But, at a minimum no one will perform ANYTHING without $5,000 right up front. I do not have the means for this and I'm sure none of you do either. I do not even have the option of taking a loan on so large of a sum that makes it much more difficult for me to plan. If I did, I would probably consider taking that on as I feel this is important. It's a mute point since I cannot. 

Each and everyone of us are going through financial hardships right now, I know. Myself included, financial worries are one of my own largest concerns these days with two small kids and a husband I support, past credit debt, school loans and medical bills to greet me daily. I barely make ends meet and pay my rent as it is. Lord knows this will be hard on all of us. Unfortunately, Dad did not leave us anything behind in preparation for the worst. Let this be a lesson to everyone for future planning so that your loved ones are not left behind to deal with such an unpleasant subject. As difficult as this is, we must all come together now in order to prepare for the worst and not have this fall on us in the last moment. Now, hopefully there is enough time in order to do this but you all must know that I do not think there is much time to spare.

Please help out and try to set maybe an amount you can contribute weekly so that we may at least move towards our goal. Even if we start off small, we can prepare as much as we can now. This is not limited to the immediate family. Anyone is welcome to contribute (i.e. grandchildren etc). Click on one of the links on the right hand side of the blog and it should take you there. If that doesn't work you may simply copy and paste the full link below into your URL address bar:

http://www.donationstracker.com/donate.php?v=1.1&donate=3b1598dab268f6d7cd73306def06a3f6&cid=704&vid=1258&uid=305

I will keep you updated as best I can. Please forward to anyone that I may have left out as I do not have everyone's email and not everyone is on Facebook.

I love you all!
Mel