Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Haircut!

Good news! Last night during my visit with Dad he got out of his bed (with help of course) to get a haircut!! Yep, that’s right a haircut. I was able to leave work early and get there before I usually do. Most everyone is gone by the time I normally get there in the evenings (i.e. the stylist, nutritionist etc). I don’t think he’s had a cut for maybe 6 months! It was getting pretty shaggy. They even cut his eyebrows! I told him, “now we can see your pretty blue eyes”! He smiled ! He was angry with me during his haircut for convincing him to get up but I kept him busy with a chocolate pie while he was in the chair. He ate a Whopper Jr. with cheese and TWO Hershey’s chocolate pies last night! It’s becoming his habit now and looks forward to when I bring him these goodies every night. He still seems very scared of something but doesn’t know what. He asked me maybe 15 times if we were in Courtyard. He now has a sign that is under his TV stating “Mr. Pike, you are in Courtyard Care Center.” I promised him I would return tonight with his goodies and he said he looked forward to it. He was appreciative for my visit and said he couldn’t wait that long for tomorrow. Overall last night he seemed in good spirits and teared up when I left but seemed ok with the fact that I would return.